It is not far from Chiniot and may take’ about one hour by car. It was established in 1903, but its origins are older. Till 1960, the District was called Shahpur District, as Shahpur had been it’s headquartering in the early 19th century. Shahpur was, however, washed away twice in 1849 and in 1893.
Sargodha Pakistan is more famous for its men than for its products. It is the center of a purely agricultural based feudalistic society. Their young men smartly dressed and wearing white turbans on white chargers carry the day in manly sports like the tent-pegging and horse riding etc.
Because of the fine performance of the Pakistan Air Force, the Sargodha Pakistan has been given the title: “The City of Shaheens” during the 1965 war with Bharat (India). With the exception of the Salt Range which touches it in the north, the whole of the area is plain and lies entirely between 500 and 700 feet above sea level with a gradual slope of 1 and half feet towards south west. Today it is an agriculturally rich area with some textile and sugar mills and an excellent Air Force base.
Recommended Places For You:
- Gujrat Pakistan is another big and historical city of Punjab
- The actual area of five streams Punjab with famous places of Punjab
- My city Khushab and hills of Soan Valley with latest pictures
- Enter Punjab from Sindh & explore Shah Rukn-e-Alam Shrine of Multan
- Info of the Baluchistan Plateau, Punjab Plateau and Sindh Plateau
- Chiniot and Sukkur are Interesting cities to visit within Pakistan
- Heavy fog in the province of Punjab now days and tips for drivers
- History of Kos Minars on the GT Road or Grand Trunk Road
- The Attock fort, history and images
- Khewra Salt Range to PDK, Jalalpur, Jhelum, Nandana and Chillian Wala
- Info of 3rd largest city of Pakistan, the Faisalabad Pakistan
- City of Gujar Khan with the info of famous places in it
- Sweet memories of Khewra Salt Mines, Khewra
- A close look on the history of Attock Fort Pakistan with pics
- Bread Holder connected with Pakistan, a brief on Punjab province
- History of Multan Punjab, the city of heat, burial grounds and Saints
- Useful info about Bakra Mandi 2013 in major cities of Pakistan
- Get the information about the Districts and Tehsils of Punjab