From the last Monday the ground areas of the Punjab are badly affected by the heavy fog. Fog covered all of mid Punjab and decreased the temperatures. Most of the Punjab province gets disturbed with the fog in this season and visibility goes to zero. Due to lack of visibility the Motorways remained close during that.
Trains and flights also changed their schedules due to it. Eleven peoples died and many injured in the accident during this period yet. Weather department of Pakistan is claiming this fog session for 3 more days and decrease in the temperature. Lahore and Lahore to Pindi Motorways got the most disturbances due to it. It also affected the routine life of general public. Lahore air port and Lahore to Pindi Motorways went close for 8 to 12 hours.
At 8 am the fog hit the motorways and officials closed the motorways for all kind of heavy and light traffic in between the Thokar Niaz Baig and Pindi Bhatiyan. Lahore air port restored the flights after 2 pm but once again after 7 pm it went close. In Patoki a young boy died due to an accident, he was going got the Christmas celebration with his sister. His name was Naeem and his sister name was Shazia. Few more accidents were occurred in the premises of Sargodha district. Jhang to Sargodha road is also under the heavy fog now days.
Rai-Wind, Qasoor, Okara, Muridkay, Sheikhu Pura, Farooq Abad and Bhakar are few more areas of Punjab province which are badly affected with this heavy fog season.
Tips for drivers in fog season:
- Always use fog lights in the front of your vehicle
- Use double indicator or emergency lights
- Stop driving if the visibility is very poor or zero
- Park your vehicle on the safe side of road
- If you have any doubts about road then get yourself down from driving seat
- Respond quickly with any accident seen on the road
- Do not overtake at any cost
- If there is some visibility keep your vehicle in the single lane