Museums of Pakistan
Allama Iqbal Residence and Library:
- Specializes in history
Agricultural Museum Lyallpur:
- Founded 1909, Renowned for its botanical work.
Air Force Museum:
- Founded 1964, mementoes and souvenirs, including vintage planes of what is arguably one of the world’s greatest combat air forces.
- University of Karachi
- Founded 1956, notes for its archaeological work.
- Peshawar University
- Founded 1966, famous regarding its archaeological work and art exhibits.
Archaeological Museum Banbhore:
- Founded 1960, famous regarding its exhibits of pre-Christian times and other archaeological work.
Archaeological Museum Harappa:
- Founded 1926, famous regarding its exhibits excavated from the ruins of Mohenjo-Daro’s twin city.
Archaeological Museum Mohenjo-Daro:
- Founded 1925, notes for its exhibits from one of the earliest and greatest cradles of civilization.
Armed Forces Museum Islamabad:
- It exhibits reflecting the heritage and contemporary image of country’s armed forces.
Armoury Museum Lahore:
- Old fort, founded 1928, famous regarding its exhibits of firearms and weapons through the ages.
Army Museum Rawalpindi:
- Founded 1961, relics and mementoes of two centuries of military history, from the East India Company’s first army to the present day Pakistan Army.
- It includes Sir Claude Auchinleck’s uniforms and the first Victoria Cross ever to be won by an Asian soldier.
- Founded 1974, notes for its exhibits relating to regional art, history and ethnology.
Bahawalpur State Museum:
- Founded 1948, famous regarding its exhibits of archaeology, natural history and applied art.
Bhitshah Cultural Museum:
- Founded 1962, specializes in arts and crafts.
Botanical Museum Rawalpindi:
- Famous regarding its botanical work
Dir Museum Chakdara:
- Founded 1970, specializes in regional archaeology and ethnology.
Faqir Khana Museum Lahore:
- Founded 1937, famous regarding its work in the arts, apply arts and crafts and history.
Folk Art Museum Islamabad:
- Founded 1973
Geological Museum Quetta:
- Specializes in regional geology.
- Founded 1974, specializes in art, crafts, archaeology and anthropology.
Industrial and Commercial Museum Lahore:
- Founded 1950, specializes in industrial and commercial research.
Islamia College Museum Peshawar:
- Founded 1934, specializes in zoology.
- Founded 1864, outstanding exhibits in archaeology, history, fine art, applied arts crafts and ethnology.
Mangla Dam Museum:
- Founded 1967, specializes in natural history, geography and archaeology.
Natural history Museum Lahore:
- Government College
- Founded 1910, famous regarding its natural history work.
National Museum of Pakistan Karachi:
- Founded 1950, famous regarding its archaeological and ethnological exhibits.
National Museum of Pakistan Islamabad:
- Famous regarding artistic, historical and ethnological exhibits.
Pakistan Forest Museum Abbottabad:
- Founded 1952, specializes in forestry, arboreal research and timber products.
- Founded 1907, outstanding exhibits in archaeology, art, applied arts and ethnology.
Quaid-e-Azam Museum Karachi:
- Jinnah’s birthplace and now a museum and library dedicated to the memory of Pakistan’s founding father.
Science and Technology Museum:
- Engineering University Lahore
- Founded 1969, specializes in engineering and technology.
Shakir Ali’s Lahore Residence:
- Founded 1975, art gallery and history.
Sikh and Mughal Galleries:
- Old Fort, Lahore
- Founded 1964, specializes in art and history.
Sindh University Educational Museum:
- Founded 1959, specializes in education (arts and crafts).
Swat Museum Saidu Sharif:
- Founded 1959, famous regarding its outstanding Buddhist relics and artefacts from the Golden Age of Swat Valley and its ethnological exhibits.
Talpur House Museum:
- Founded 1918, famous regarding its priceless treasure from one of the greatest Buddhist cultures ever known to have existed.
Umar Kot Museum:
- Founded 1968, specializes in regional history.
Pakistan Monument Museum:
- Shakar Parian Islamabad
Sher Shah Suri Museum:
- Rohtas Fort in Jhelum